Monday, March 22, 2010

Critique Number One

There's only one thing that rivals the morbid uncomfortable sensation of talking about your artwork to a group of people, and that is having a group of people talk about your artwork in front of you. This experience was not as horrendous as I imagined it to be and surprisingly the critique group was relatively non vocal. I like to think that this is because nobody wanted to single themselves out in front of an audience rather than the idea that my work was not very sensational in any aspect. There was one person who presented her work who had a similar subject to mine but we used different mediums and had different interests and expectations of the subject. Her work was a painting of the interior of car looking out. My work is taken within the car but does not show any of the parts of the car.T he day I took my project with my digital camera it was a rainy day and the environment outside was pretty dreary and mundane. But when I sat inside my car in the parking lot of Costco, the rain made rivulets of color out of the view through windshield. Taking the opportunity for an impromptu photo shoot I have never been happier with my digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment