(These next few lines have been selected from a longer interview with the artist.)
Regina: How do you think the media paint affects a work as opposed to drawing?
Justin: At first I didn't see the difference. Now I do. I'm still experimenting. It's a good way to draw in the viewer so that they can come to different conclusions.
Regina: How do you think color compares to black and white?
Justin: Color is not everything, but it is a lot. If the work is in black and white there would be so many things that you wouldn't get. There are so many details. In a a lot of words, color defines the emotion and if you are going to work in black and white that's definitely harder to do that. You have to think a little more graphically to get things through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment